Al’s Formal Wear has compiled the Groom’s Calendar to help all you grooms out there prepare for the big day!
10-12 Months Before:
- Pick out the engagement ring (if not yet selected).
- Discuss wedding plans and budget with fiancée and all parents.
- Select your best man, groomsmen, ushers (one usher per 40 guests).
- Help plan engagement party.
- Discuss ceremony and reception sites, with your fiancée.
8-9 Months Before:
- Meet with officiant (minister, priest, rabbi, etc.) to discuss the ceremony.
- Start compiling your guest list.
- Begin making your honeymoon travel plans.
6 Months Before:
- Visit wedding gift registry with fiancée.
- Arrange for transportation to ceremony, and to reception, for the wedding party.
- Complete your honeymoon plans.
- Register with nearest Al’s Formal Wear location and pick your tuxedos and accessories.
3 Months Before:
- Return to Al’s Formal Wear and get fitted for your tuxedo.
- Send Al’s Formal Wear Size Cards to any out-of-town members of the wedding party.
- Complete the guest list.
- Pick out and order wedding rings.
- Plan rehearsal dinner with parents.
- Update passports for honeymoons abroad.
1 Month Before:
- Make sure all men have been measured for tuxedos at Al’s Formal Wear. Use our online measurement page for any out-of-town attendants.
- Get your marriage license.
- Make appointments for personal grooming.
- Make room in your home for all the new wedding gifts!
2 Weeks Before:
- Attend bachelor party (don’t forget to call an Uber).
- Adjust insurance policies, bank accounts, utilities, etc.
The Week Before:
- Pick up your tuxedo at Al’s Formal Wear… remember, try it on, in the store, to insure a proper fit.
- Pack for the honeymoon.
- Get cash for gratuities and officiant’s fee.
- Take a deep breath… you’re almost there.
- Enjoy your rehearsal and dinner
The Big Day:
- Double-check all details, wedding rings, and transportation… marriage license.
- Get to the ceremony on time.
- Relax and Enjoy your wedding!